Saturday, July 21, 2012

So I'm A Food Co-Op Newbie...

A friend of mine recently told me about Bountiful Baskets, a food co-op with locations across the country, offering both conventional and organically grown produce and breads. Several years back, I had searched online for such a co-op, and much to my dismay, only found one about 50 miles away, so I continued to buy my produce at Market Street and Whole Foods stores (which both have great produce, by the way). 

Today was my first pick-up with Bountiful Baskets,and here is my loot:


This week's baskets contained a pint of raspberries, one pound of strawberries, broccoli, two English cucumbers, grapes, carrots, butter lettuce, 5 plums, 4 ears of fresh corn, and a cantaloupe.  For $15 conventional or $25 organic, I am pleased with the value (considering that I spent $40 last week on produce!). 

I think I am officially a "co-op convert"! I can't wait to see what will be in store next week.  To find a location near you, visit the Bountiful Baskets website.

No comments:

Post a Comment