Monday, August 20, 2012

Tuesday - HUEsday ~

Pantone Tangerine Tango

I adore bright, vibrant colors, whether in clothing, accessories, home decor, or paints. The color that I have been obsessing over for the last year or so is Pantone Tangerine Tango, the 2012 Pantone Color of the Year. Swatch photo courtesy of glamcheck.com.


Just a small pop of this vivid orangey-red will go a long way! It can add a fun punch of color to any room in small doses by adding accessories to a neutral palette, such as a lamp shade, throw pillow, rug, or artwork. The photo below is a great collection of accent items in this color family, courtesy of
 washingtonian.com.

For greatest effect, use a bright hue like Tangerine Tango with a contrasting pastel, like aqua blue. This photo is a great illustration of the impact that this color combination can have, balancing the powerful orange with calming, soothing light blue.  Courtesy of blog.pantone.com.


I have already decided that I will be using this color combination in my laundry room, when we are able to decorate that room! I have it perfectly pictured in my head and can not wait for it to materialize. Unfortunately, the laundry room is not a high priority, so it will be a while! I suppose beauty is worth waiting for, though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment