Friday, August 31, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals


This month, Melanie at the Metropolitan Money Pit was my Foodie Pen Pal.  It's only my second month to particpate in the program, and my only regret is that I didn't join sooner! I stumbled on Foodie Pen Pals through The Lean Green Bean blog and I absolutely LOVE this.  Each month, I receive the name of a "pen pal" and I send a box full of foodie goodies totaling about $15 to that person, and in turn, I receive a box from someone else. Each box is very different and packs a great suprise!

 I received a nicely packed box full of sweet treats from California!



Inside the inviting turquoise tissue (that makes me recall the color of the Pacific from visiting CA!) were the following items:

-  See's Candies Little Pops gourmet hard candies
- Hollywood Hottie Cinnamints
- Chai Spices from the Savory Spice Shop
- Rosemary Lime Shortbreads from Shortnin' Bread Bakery in Long Beach
- 479 popcorn in Fleur de sel Caramel
- Assorted old-fashioned candy sticks from Powell's Sweet Shoppe



All of the treats were soooo good - my son made an immediate dash to grab the candy sticks and he enjoyed each and every one! While I enjoyed everything included, I have to admit that the shortbreads were especially delicious - combining the savory flavor of rosemary with the tangy, subtle sweetness of lime - what a lovely, yet unexpected flavor combination.  As much as I adored those shortbreads, though, my favorite was certainly the popcorn...the entire package was only 100 calories and had a salty-sweet caramel flavor that was amazing (and organic, too!).  I will definitely be ordering more of this yummy (and diet friendly) treat!

Thanks so much to Melanie - I loved my FPP package, and look forward to what's in store for month number 3! Join in on the fun here!


No comments:

Post a Comment